Learn about Leading SAFe®, its benefits, and the SAFe® certification process.
Leading SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) is an employer-degree framework that helps organizations undertake and scale agile practices. It includes a complete set of equipment, templates, and methods for the successful implementation of the Scrum methodology at an organizational level. The intention of Leading SAFe® is to enable organizations to expand brilliant products quicker while reducing costs associated with conventional improvement techniques. This framework also encourages collaboration among teams and promotes non-stop development via iterative cycles referred to as “sprints” or “iterations”.
Leading SAFe® was introduced by using Dean Leffingwell in 2011 as a reaction to the need for large organizations with complicated product portfolios or projects requiring more than one group running together on extraordinary components simultaneously, together with software program development projects in huge organizations like banks or insurance businesses in which there are numerous stakeholders. The purpose of Leading SAFe® was not only to create a process that would work nicely but also one that could be scaled up fast without sacrificing pleasant manipulation measures along the way so it is able to accommodate people regardless of its size or complexity structure needed by using purchaser demands.
What are the Benefits of Using Leading SAFe®?
The benefits associated with the use of this method encompasses improved performance because of:
- Better communication between groups.
- Extended agility which permits quicker responses while changes occur.
- Extra transparency across all departments within an enterprise.
- More advantageous collaboration amongst team participants for excellent output.
- Improved visibility into the progress made on obligations/projects to control manipulation over sources allocation.
- Reduced risk factors due to the equal improvements mentioned above.
- Cost financial savings because fewer sources are required whilst utilizing this type of method versus the conventional waterfall approach.
Additionally, Leading SAFe® has been tested over and over to help increase workers’ morale and focuses on educating all members of the team in understanding what their function involves in each step, alongside ensuring successful achievement of the goal. This framework makes each of the members feel valued, which is not the case in the traditional framework where the workers feels simply like another cog wheel-turning device churning out effects without recognition for contribution, which they make at some stage in the production run cycle and enhance the company-wide productivity.
How to Become a Certified SAFe® Agilist
Becoming certified SAFe® Agilist requires you first to recognize the fundamentals of scaling agile frameworks together with Leading SAFe® and then take the steps necessary to emerge as a professional taking the certification examination provided by the Scaled Agile Academy after finishing the training program that could be taken online through ValueX2.
Let’s take a look at the steps to get you started in becoming an authorized agilist:
Step 1: Understand the Core Principles of the Frameworks
Step 1 of Leading SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) is to recognize the basics of the frameworks. This includes pursuing with the basics like:
- Lean-Agile Mindset: Adopting a lean-agile mindset that values individuals and interactions, running software programs, purchaser collaboration, and responding to change
- Lean Portfolio Management: Implementing lean-agile ideas at the portfolio stage to align methods
- Customer-centricity: Fostering a subculture that prioritizes the client’s wishes and studies
- Team and Technical Agility: Empowering purposeful, self-organizing teams to deliver and constantly enhance
- DevOps: Integrating improvement and operations to enhance collaboration and reduce cycle time
- Lean-Agile Leadership: Developing lean-agile leaders who can lead and inspire business at all stages
Step 2: Get Familiar with Training Programs Offered by SAFe® on ValueX2
To get acquainted with training programs offered by SAFe on ValueX2, start with these steps:
- Research: Search for leading SAFe® training courses available on ValueX2 online.
- Check the course curriculum: Look at the curriculum provided by ValueX2. Make sure that the course application covers all of the key topics that are required to be a certified SAFe® practitioner.
- Compare charges: Compare the fees of the different SAFe courses offered by ValueX2. Make certain that the education software you choose fits within your budget. If you have any confusion, you can consult with the ValueX2 team.
- Get in touch with ValueX2: Once you’ve finalized, you can reach out to ValueX2 and ask them any questions you may have about the SAFe course training provided. This will give you a better idea of what you must pursue and whether it is the right match for you.
Step 3: Take and Pass the Certification Exam
To emerge as a certified SAFe® professional, you may consider the SAFe® 6.0 certification examination. The exam is totally laptop-based and is designed to check your understanding of the SAFe® framework knowledge.
Here are the steps to take and pass the SAFe® 6.0 certification exam:
- Schedule the examination: You can schedule the exam via the SAFe® website by choosing the date, time, and location that work best for you.
- Prepare for the exam: It is suggested to attend the SAFe® training program, examine the SAFe® 6.0 Implementation Roadmap, and look at the SAFe® 6.0 reference materials to put together for the exam.
- Take the exam: The examination is lengthy and includes 35 questions. You will want to answer at least 24 questions successfully to pass the exam.
- Receive the outcomes: You will get hold of the consequences of the examination at once after finishing it. If you pass the examination, you will receive a certificate and virtual badge to show off your achievement.
- Renew the certification: The SAFe® 6.0 certification is legitimate for 2 years. To preserve your certification, you may have to take the exam again after two years.
In the end, Leading SAFe® is a scalable framework designed for companies trying to enforce agile practices at the company level. It offers a comprehensive set of principles, practices, and tools for businesses to align their strategies, portfolios, and revenue streams. With its course covering the understanding of Lean-Agile values and principles, SAFe® facilitates businesses to enhance time-to-market, increase performance and productivity, enhance collaboration and conversation, and deliver better products to clients. By adopting Leading SAFe®, businesses can become agile and responsive and handle complicated initiatives very easily and achieve desired results.
Bhavna is an Agile Coach and Consultant with over a decade of experience in advisory, corporate finance, IT assurance, and operations at Big 4 and within the industry in the UK and India. She has recently been the CEO of a start-up where she implemented agile practices within HR, Marketing, and Product teams.
She is also a SAFe® Practice Consultant (SPC) and authorized instructor for ICAgile Agility in HR (ICP-AHR), Agility in Marketing (ICP-MKG), and Business Agility Foundations (ICP – BAF) training courses. She provides training for agile transformation to corporate, public, and private batches, as well as consulting for enterprise agile transformation.